Classic British JTM45+ Tube Guitar Amp Kit - Combo
This kit is perfect for the amp builder looking for more output wattage and a more challenging build. This kit includes everything you'll need to complete your own 45W or 50W amp in four or five evenings ... and the results are amazing.
Here are some reviews and pictures of happy kit builders with their TubeDepot.com Tube Kits
This British JTM45+ kit is our nod to those 45 and 50 watt amps from "across the pond" that were the voice of rock-n-roll. With turret board, point-to-point construction, quality components, and just a touch of American upgrading, this kit is ready to become your sound.
For a detailed list of what is included, download the manual below.
This great kit can be customized by you with upgraded parts and can be ordered without the cabinet and / or speaker. Give us a call and let us give you a quote on the kit just how you want it.
It is sometimes necessary for TubeDepot.com to substitute certain parts contained in a kit without prior notification. This is most often due to parts availability and/or to improve the performance of the kit. All substitutions are made with careful thought and we gladly encourage questions regarding parts substitutions you may have received.
Make sure to read some of the Kit Reviews from our customers.
JTM 45 Amp Head.
I was so excited to build this amp. I read reviews and watched youtube videos and listened to the sound. It was exactly what I wanted. I was delighted when I turned this animal loose. So much of what I have always wanted to hear came out of the speaker cabinet I built as well. It was a 2-12 celestian G12t 75 watt speakers in a poplar plywood cabinet. It was the best amp I have ever played through. I love it and hope to build more. Thanks so much Tube Depot for all the support. Can't say enough for this amp.
reviewed by: Robert Ashcroft
Combo Kit Includes:
- Tubes - 1 Pair JJ EL34 power tubes, 3 JJ 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 1 JJ GZ34 rectifier tube.
- Resistors - Low noise, high tolerance metal film and metal oxide resistors.
- Coupling capacitors - High voltage, full clarity Mallory 150 capacitors.
- Electrolytic capacitors - SunTan low voltage electrolytic caps and F&T high voltage electrolytic filter capacitors.
- Wire - High temperature / high voltage PVC insulated MIL-SPEC stranded wire. Easy to work with and resists melting.
- Output Transformer - USA made paper bobbin construction with 4, 8, or 16 ohm speaker load selections.
- Power Transformer - USA made paper bobbin construction with 120V or 230V options.
- Speaker - Celestion G12 Century Vintage (standard with combo).
- Cabinet - 1/2" void and resonant free birch plywood provides the best durability and sonic signature.
- Chassis - Bent aluminum chassis with matching front and back plexiglass indicator panels.
- Speaker jacks - two durable 1/4" jacks for easily connecting to multiple speaker configurations.
- 4,8,16 ohm output
- Two EL34 power tubes, three ECC83 preamp tubes, one GZ34 rectifier tube
- 45W output with tube rectifier, 50W with solid state rectifier (selectable)
- 120V or 240V AC mains powered