Classic British 18W Tube Guitar Amp Kit - 1x12 Combo
This is the perfect kit for both a first project as well as for the seasoned builder. This kit, which includes everything you'll need to complete the amp, can be constructed in three to four evenings with astounding results.
Here are some reviews and pictures of happy kit builders with their TubeDepot.com Tube Kits
This British 18W kit is our nod to the original 18 watt, 1x12 combo. With turret board, point-to-point construction, quality components, and just a touch of American upgrading, this kit is ready to become your sound.
For a detailed list of what is included, download the manual below.
This great kit can be customized by you with upgraded parts. Or it can be ordered without the cabinet and / or speaker. Let us give you a quote.
It is sometimes necessary for TubeDepot.com to substitute certain parts contained in a kit without prior notification. This is most often due to parts availability and/or to improve the performance of the kit. All substitutions are made with careful thought and we gladly encourage questions regarding parts substitutions you may have received.
Make sure to read some of the Kit Reviews from our customers.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Combo Kit Includes:
- Tubes - 1 Pair JJ EL84, 3 JJ 12AX7, and 1 JJ EZ81 rectifier tube.
- EF86 Upgrade Kit - Parts to upgrade to the EF86 are included, except tube.
- Resistors - Low noise, high tolerance Dale metal film and Xicon metal oxide resistors.
- Coupling capacitors - High voltage, full clarity Mallory 150 capacitors.
- Electrolytic capacitors - High temperature, tight tolerance electrolytic filter capacitors.
- Wire - High temperature, high voltage stranded wire. Easy to work with and resists melting.
- Output Transformer - USA made with connections for either 4 or 8 ohm speaker cabinets.
- Power Transformer - USA made traditional construction with high temperature wire. Taps for: 100V / 117V / 220V / 230V / 240V
- Great sounding variable tremolo.
- Speaker - Celestion G12M Greenback.
- Cabinet - 3/4" solid pine with full finger joints for strongest construction.
- Baffle board - Void and resonant free birch plywood provides tightest low end response.
- Back Panel - Fully shielded to further reject 60 Hz hum.
- Chassis - Stamped Aluminum with a reproduction of original faceplates.
- Speaker jack - 1/4" for easily connecting to other speaker configurations.